Each summer, we offer a competitive six-week paid internship program for a number of college students who are about to enter their senior year or begin their master’s program. If you’re selected to be a YHB intern, here’s what you can expect:
- Hands-on experience in working on a variety of real audit and tax projects.
- Participation in one of our Leadership Circles and staff training programs.
- Involvement in a Virginia and Mid-Atlantic community service program, such as Habitat for Humanity.
- An opportunity to develop a report and presentation to senior management.
- A project or training activity in each YHB office, so you can see the different communities we serve.
In addition, you’ll be assigned a “buddy” (someone who’s been with our firm for about a year) who will introduce you to other firm members, check in with you about the projects you work on, take you to lunch, and be a resource person you can come to for help in getting information you need, as well as to talk to about any questions or issues you have.
We interview for interns in the fall, and those we hire typically work the following summer from mid-June until the end of July. If you’re interested in this great opportunity to see what it’s like to be part of the YHB community, apply through your campus career service office Web site.