Running a successful construction business takes more than good tools and hard work. It requires the assistance of professionals who know the industry and can help you operate more efficiently and successfully.
For decades, Yount, Hyde & Barbour has been providing tax, accounting, auditing and consulting services that help contractors and developers do exactly that. Because construction and real estate are a main focus of our firm, we’ve developed great expertise in anticipating and meeting the needs of businesses like yours. We’ve also built strong relationships with bankers, sureties and other professionals who can help you get what it takes to do job one: make a profit.
To stay on top of industry trends and issues, we are active members of the Construction Financial Management Association, Associated General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors, the Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association and local chapters of the National Association of Homebuilders. We are also continually refining our technical knowledge by participating in various training and continuing professional education programs.
As a result, YHB is ready to help you build your success with services that include:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations, including Federal Acquisition Rate (FAR) audits
- Tax planning and filing, including historic property rehabilitation and energy-efficiency tax credits
- Strategic Planning, business valuation, and M&A assistance
- Succession and estate planning
- Cost-segregation studies and fixed-asset depreciation records
- Selecting the best organizational structure and accounting method
- Bonding and surety analysis, and operational reviews
- Payroll tax services and employee benefit plans
- Risk management and litigation support
- Computer hardware and accounting software selection
Construction Industry Update
Each quarter we will take a look at some of the pertinent issues that contractors need to be aware of to position their businesses for success. This could include industry trends, tax or financial reporting updates, or insight into regulatory issues that need to be closely monitored.
Contact us to build up profits, with YHB.