Whatever your need for a valuation — estate planning, business sale, litigation or other — you want an objective, accurate estimate of value that’s based on the realities of your situation, not just the output of a computer program. That’s why you want the valuation professionals at YHB.
Our valuation team combines specialized training in valuation methodologies with more than 50 years of combined experience in accounting and business consulting. So, besides our Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and CPA Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credentials, we bring a “real world” perspective to our work that enables us to understand what drives value for the purpose at hand.
Levels of Service:
- Consulting – This level of services does not receive a value number – we will look at / review a valuation you already have, or look at financial data, run some spreadsheets, and discuss potential value metrics.
- Calculation of Value – This includes a short report (typically between 3 and 20 pages), and is an engagement where we agree upon the procedures to be performed.
- Conclusion of Value – A report that contains a conclusion of value is considered a valuation engagement. A valuation includes developing a detailed understanding of a business, reviewing the company’s financial information, conducting interviews with management, and estimating the value of the company using two or more valuation methodologies.
In addition, we treat each valuation as an individual engagement and take time to find the best approach for your situation. As a result, you get valuation reports that don’t just meet your needs, but that will stand up in court and withstand IRS scrutiny, too. We also offer expert witness testimony, valuation critiques, estate planning, tax planning and succession planning services that provide “one-stop” convenience for meeting valuation-related needs.
We welcome the opportunity to put our valuation expertise to work for you in these and other areas:
- Buying, selling or transferring a business
- Estate, gift and succession planning
- Shareholder/partner disputes and buyouts
- Marital dissolution
- Business and tax litigation
- Lost income or property damage claims
Contact us when you need the best.