If you have a drive to use technology to tame information and love breaking down technical issues to identify risk, we would love to hear from you. We are YHB, a top tier regional CPA firm with Risk Advisory Services opportunities in our Richmond and Winchester, Virginia offices.
As a Risk Advisory Services Audit Associate, you will have opportunities to:
- Support our financial audit teams by testing IT specific internal controls for both public and non-public companies.
- Work with clients in the banking industry to provide IT Audits, Cybersecurity Assessments and other technology-centric engagements.
- Work in a variety of industries to validate IT controls and identify recommendations to improve clients’ IT security posture.
- Quickly develop a deep knowledge base about financial and accounting regulations.
- Immediately take responsibility for delivering high quality, client-centered service through interaction with senior leadership at clients.
- Develop a strong network of connections both internally at YHB and throughout our client base.
- Recognize emerging IT trends and determine their impact on financial statement audits, SOC audits, and the accounting industry.
- Apply a risk-based control framework to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Use established procedures to test IT controls and assess the design and operating effectiveness of general and application controls.
- Conduct testing and interviews and prepare work papers, write-ups, and memos.
- 3+ years of IT audit or Risk Advisory Service experience.
- CISA or CPA a plus, or qualified to take either exam.
- Bachelors or Master degree in accounting and information systems, computer information systems, or other related degrees.
- Dedication to superior client service.
- Highly motivated self-starters with ability to multitask and complete assignments within deadline constraints.
- Professionalism, character, integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with both a team and independently.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Travel is required, including opportunities for international travel. The amount will depend on your home office location.
Join The Team
To apply for a position with YHB, please email resume or apply via our LinkedIn Careers Page. When submitting your resume, include your telephone number, the position of interest, and office location. YHB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we can only accept electronic resumes in the following formats:
- Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx)
- PDF format (.pdf)