Not just giving back. Looking ahead.
Supporting the communities in which we live and work is one of YHB’s core values. But it’s not one that we list simply to look like a good corporate citizen . It’s a value we truly and deeply believe in — and act on — at both the firm and the individual level.
To turn our commitment into action, YHB does a variety of things to encourage and facilitate giving back to the communities that have made our success possible, including:
- Provide financial support for charitable organizations that firm members are involved in.
- Make community service one of goals discussed during annual performance reviews.
- Allow paid time off for firm members to serve as board members or volunteers for community organizations.
- Organize and sponsor firm member participation in projects like Habitat for Humanity.
- Take part in fundraisers for organizations like United Way.
But we don’t see our contributions of time, energy and money as simply “giving back.” Instead, we look at community service as a way to help charitable organizations better fulfill their missions — and thereby make our communities better places to live for all of us.
That’s why we encourage firm members to get involved in community organizations — and why you’ll find YHB people sitting next to you on the boards of local organizations or working with you as volunteers for fundraisers and good causes.