YHB’s community culture is based on relationships — both between our firm and our clients and between all members of our firm. We believe that people work best and serve clients best when they truly work together as a team, rather than individual players. To this end, we take a “shared-client” approach to developing business and delivering services that are more beneficial to clients and more rewarding for us than anything acting alone could achieve.
How can YHB make a unique and attractive work culture even better? Whether it is your health, financial security, continuing professional growth, or life/work balance, we’ve got you covered! YHB provides team members with competitive benefits offerings.
Professional Development: The CPA exam is important!
- For recent college graduates, YHB will pay for a review course. We’ll also give you a $3,000 bonus if you have passed all four parts by day one!
- 6 days of additional paid time off to sit for the CPA exam
- Already a CPA? Congratulations! We’ll help you keep it. – 40+ hours of continuing professional developmentannually
- Professional affiliation dues reimbursement
- New Associate Interest-Free Loan for associates to use towards student loans, a rental security deposit, increasing your professional wardrobe, etc.
- Mentoring via YHB Leadership Circles
- We know you’re motivated, and we want to help you develop and shape your career path at YHB! Leadership Circles give you another opportunity to help mentor other accountants.
Having Fun at Work is key!
- Annual Firm Day celebration
- Lunch on Fridays and breakfast on Saturdays during busy season
- Charity Jean Fridays
- Business casual dress
- Employer paid or free parking
- Stressbusters: Friday lunches during busy season, fun competitions like our internal meme competition, our internal How Not To Survive Busy Season Guide and many more!
Having Fun outside of Work is essential too!
- Generous paid time off; employees start earning PTO from day one! Employees start earning 15 days, and that number increases based on experience. Not to mention the 10 days we have off for holidays.
- Annual holiday party
- Annual Summer Event where employees from all offices bring their friends and family to enjoy a fun summer outing!
- Opportunities to volunteer your time for community service during normal work hours
- Interest-free computer loan to make sure you have all your technology needs met at home too!
- Group discounts to gyms
Great Insurance Plans!
- Four health insurance plans to choose from so you can pick the plan that’s right for you – medically and financially!
- Dental coverage
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Life insurance equal to 3x salary that’s 100% paid by the Firm
- Long term disability insurance paid by the Firm
- Short term disability insurance paid by the Firm
Saving for your future made easy at YHB; it’s worth the wait.
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit sharing
- 529 College Savings Plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing
Connecting Through Leadership Circles
From day one at YHB, you’ll belong to a leadership circle of three to five firm members who provide mutual support, guidance and camaraderie, so you’ll always feel connected and cared about. In addition, you’ll collaborate with members of other circles on a variety of projects, so you’ll receive training and feedback from other managers, too, and will continuously learn from other firm members.
Your circle will be led by a manager who helps you get involved in the type of projects you like and makes sure you get the training and experience needed to advance on your career path. To this end, you’ll work with your circle leader to design a customized professional development program and will get constructive feedback through our performance review process. In turn, you’ll build your management and leadership skills by providing feedback to and sharing knowledge with others.
Our leadership circles help create a community culture at YHB that’s based on collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and relationships. Each principal works with two or three leadership circles to provide direction and feedback, as well as to get feedback from circle members and to learn about their or their clients’ needs.
As a result, we have a true team organization in which no single person “owns” a client, but everyone works together to deliver the best client service possible. This not only allows for excellence service for our clients, it also allows talent across the firm to be utilized in the best and most efficient way. We’re also able to provide more robust services to our clients to truly be their trusted advisors.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
We help you build the “muscle” it takes to win
At Yount, Hyde & Barbour, we know that winning teams get that way by continually improving the skills and conditioning of their members. So we make professional development a core value — and provide the training and coaching necessary to help you perform at your personal best.
If you’re just entering the accounting profession, your training will start with our tax and audit boot camps, so you’ll learn the basics of both practice areas. Based on your skills and interests, as well as feedback on your work performance that you and others have recorded using our real-time performance management software, you’ll work with your circle leader to design a customized professional development program that starts you down the career path you choose.
To help you advance, you’ll receive 40 to 80 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) training per year — on the firm’s time and tab. Plus, you’ll continuously receive guidance, training and support from the managers of the other project teams you’ll work with on special assignments, as well as from your circle leaders.
As your skills and experience increase, you’ll move from staff accountant to senior accountant to supervisor, and then to manager and principal — provided, of course, that you meet the requirements for advancing to the next level. With the support of our YHB community, however, you’ll find it easy to build the technical, interpersonal and leadership “muscle” it takes to make it to the top of the profession.