YHB provides the level of service you need for timely, accurate and actionable information. There are numerous reasons for an audit – loan requirement, regulatory compliance, shareholder requirement, among others. So when your business needs critical and reliable data, YHB is here, not just to offer our services, but to make sure your business is on the right path.
We conduct audits and present them in a way that adds real value to your organization. By knowing what the audited financial statements, notes and management letter really mean, you can make educated decisions with accurate information.
Adapting to Remote Work
At YHB we understand the world is changing fast. Our team is uniquely positioned to handle some audits 100% remotely. Traditionally, audit fieldwork has involved a team of auditors camping out for weeks (or even months) in a conference room at the headquarters of the company being audited. Thanks to technological advances — including cloud storage, smart devices, teleconferencing, drones with cameras and secure data-sharing platforms — YHB has expanded our use of remote audit procedures. So no matter where your team is, we can make sure to complete your engagement in a timely and efficient manner.
Providing Confidence to Your IT Systems
YHB’s Risk Advisory Services Team includes Certified Information Technology Professionals (CITPs) and Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISAs), as well as CPAs. Also, all team members are focused on auditing, testing and consulting on internal controls and information technology systems for clients, which range from startups, family businesses and healthcare organizations to franchisors, community banks and large public companies.
Solutions to Fit Your Needs
YHB’s financial reporting expertise can also assist you with Compilations, Reviews, and Agreed-upon procedures. Each of these services can garner valuable tools that may be used to grow your business when a full audit is not required.
With over 70 years of experience as a firm, we bring together a team who is well versed in a variety of industries. This allows us to ask the right questions, provide insightful advice, and perform engagements efficiently and cost-effectively.
YHB delivers all this — and more — for less than many other firms because:
- We’re based in the communities we serve. So we’re not only more accessible than national firms with distant headquarters, we’re more responsive, too.
- We’re right-sized for your organization. We’re neither too small to meet your most sophisticated audit needs (including SEC audits) nor too big to give you personalized, attentive and cost-effective service.
- We’re known for our audit expertise. YHB has an outstanding reputation in Virginia and surrounding areas for the quality of our audit services and the friendliness of our professionals. We have consistently passed peer — and PCAOB — review with no comment letters, and several team members have been named “Virginia Super CPAs” by Virginia Business magazine.
- We have connections that add value to our services. We’ve built strong relationships with community bankers, lawyers and other professionals that can expedite loan applications, minimize the scope of services required and help us serve you better and more efficiently than other firms.
- We have extensive remote audit capabilities. YHB has been investing in technology and training to facilitate remote audit procedures. These efforts have helped lower audit costs, enhance flexibility and minimize disruptions to business operations.
- We know your industry. From financial institutions to not-for-profits to construction companies and more. We have a team that knows your industry and has spent their career working with similar organizations.
The professionals on our audit team focus on conducting audits and reviews. So they have a depth of training, experience and expertise you’ll find hard to match.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“I appreciate YHB for their wonderful, considerate staff.”
“…excellent communication skills in working with our staff as well as presenting the results…”
“We view them as a partner in our work to fulfill the mission of our organization.”
“…concentration they have put on community banking shows and is appreciated.”
“YHB exceeds expectations over all other audit firms…”
Testimonials from our 2020 Client Survey
Click the links below for more in-depth information: